Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Coloring Outside the Lines

This was my second still life for the second nine weeks. It's of a calligraphy pen and ink well sitting on a piece of paper that has writing on it. The writing is a part of "A Dream Within a Dream" by Edgar Allen Poe. I drew every thing on a larger piece of paper first and then after wards i cut a straight line across the side and the top avoiding the items that stuck outside of the boundaries. Then, I went back and cut the shape of the items out so it looks like its coming of the paper. I got the idea to do this from something I did to my last still life.



The two pictures below are of the first still life I did. I decided to cut out the collar then cut the straight line across and the insides of the collar. After I was done I thought it looked so cool so I put a note in my book to try it later on purpose this time.








I used normal scissors but an Exact o blade would be great for this. The most important thing is to get as close as possible with out cutting off parts of your art. If you like this idea you may want to look up the art of Ramon Bruin.

No comments:

Post a Comment